I next anaylized other apps that had similar features to my app, and created moodboards of inspiration
Next I created Personas with senarios for people who may use my app
List of features in App
Final process flow of Find My Field App
Next, I created alot of paper wireframes of my app
1. You recently moved to a new town, and you want to play soccer again. However, you don’t know where there are fields you can play at. You want to find a field with good field conditions and 24-hour facilities close to you.
2. You found a soccer field to play at, and now you want to save the field, so you always have the details and directions
3. You recently made an account; however, you want to sign back in with your Facebook account.
4. A few days ago, you found a basketball court near you, and the courts were very nice. Now you want to go back but you can’t remember how to get there.
5. You found a basketball court near you that you really like, and not a lot of people are ever there. You want to play a pickup game there and meet new people with an event.
6. You are looking at your favorite soccer field, and you see a few people are there playing. You want to message the first one and see how long he will be there.
7. You want to play in basketball tournament in your area. You want a way to check and see if there are any events near you, if not, you want to start one yourself.
8. You found a soccer field to play at today, and you want to let other players know and your friends that you are there, to see if any of them will join you there.
9. You have been using the app quite a lot and have made many contacts, you want to see how many friends you now have.
10. It is wintertime and it is extremely cold outside; however, you still want to train, you want to see if there are any indoor soccer fields near you.
Questions 1,3,7,8,9,10 were successful in both tests
User 2 was confused with Question 2. Didnt find where to save field for a while, was looking in favorites instead of saving field to favorites.
Question 4 was failed by both users. User 2 didnt complete question 5. They went to favorites instead of creating an event.
In conclusion, I learned the process of creating a Mobile App, and how to design for mobile. I also learned how to start with an idea and turn that idea into an app.